Mama's Home Pancakes
It doesn’t quite feel like a complete family to me without a go-to pancake family recipe that everyone looks forward to on special Saturday mornings. I like to imagine that one day, my babies will be coming back home to visit us as adults and they will still be requesting pancakes for breakfast. These are perfect pancakes…seriously.
⏱️ 30 mins
- 1 cup of milk (preferably whole milk)
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup or 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- additional butter for pan
- Begin by adding vinegar to milk and allow to sit for approximately 10 minutes to sour the milk.
- Preheat skillet on medium, or just below.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine milk, melted butter and egg. Gently whisk.
- Add the milk into the bowl of flour mix. Whisk until just combined.
- On the heated skillet, add a small amount of butter (about 1/2 tbsp) to melt. Pour or scoop the batter onto the melted butter and cook until small bubbles form and subsequently begin to ‘pop.’
- Flip pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown (or to your liking), and place on a plate inside the oven, set to “warm,” until ready to serve. Repeat until all pancakes are cooked.
Feel free to double this recipe to make more pancakes! No need to butter these, since they are nearly fried in butter as they cook. Pouring my homemade syrup on top is a must! They are also great with bacon and fruit served on the side. Another way that I like serving these pancakes is by adding strawberry slices over the pancakes, a shake of confectioner’s sugar, and topped with my homemade whipped cream (I promise it’s easy and worth it 😋). Show me those pics of how you decided to top your pancakes and let me know what your breakfast family tradition is. #cookingin