Homemade Strawberry Jam
Fresh, made-from-scratch jam beats store bought any day. I actually don’t even buy jam or jelly anymore. Everyone in the home just loves this stuff, and I’m not just saying this because I want likes on my blog. It is by far my favorite jam. This may sound crazy, but it’s also the first type of jam or jelly that my son will eat (we have a long history of pickiness and food anxiety with him). But best of all–this stuff only requires 3 ingredients and minimal effort, and trust me when I say that the amount of effort you put in is absolutely worth the results!
⏱️ 20 mins
- 2 lbs strawberries (frozen or fresh, but fresh is preferred), chopped
- 2 c sugar (you may add up to 4 cups depending on your sweetness preference)
- 1 tbsp vinegar (may substitute with lemon juice instead, if desired)
1. Place strawberries in a medium saucepan. Use immersion blender to slightly puree. Alternatively, you may just roughly blend prior to placing in the pan.
2. Add sugar and vinegar to the saucepan. Cook on medium heat while stirring until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
3. Continue to boil for approximately 10 minutes (generally 220º, if using a thermometer). Remove from heat.
If you don’t know the methods to proper jarring (like myself), you may store the jam in a jar or container, and keep in the refrigerator for around two weeks. Honestly I don’t know the true keep date because we go through ours pretty quickly, but if yours lasts longer, let me know. I plan on experimenting in the future with other fruits to make a variety of jam, so I’ll let you know how it turns out 😋. Oh, and don’t forget to make some extra batches in spring and summer when strawberries are in season, and gift friends with the best homemade jam ever!
Happy cooking 💕