Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
I was really looking forward to Christmas this year, especially as a new homeschooling family–oh all of the fun activities we would do (don’t forget, recipe reading and baking math counts as learning 🤗)! But, confession: sadly, most of my plans never happened. We finally just made our Christmas fudge on the eve of Christmas Eve, and our gingerbread cookie dough is currently in the refrigerator waiting to be rolled out and baked on Christmas Eve. So we’re definitely a bit late this year, but I think every bit of 2020 has been off. Hey, at least we have our home, health, cookies for Santa…and saw the Star of Bethlehem 🥰! Regardless of how your December has turned out, here’s a super quick and easy peanut butter fudge recipe for all of you fellow slackers (also, it’s just a good recipe):
⏱️ 15 mins, plus at least 3 hours refrigerator time
30 Servings (or more, depending on thickness)
– 1 c peanut butter
– 1 c butter
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 4 c powdered sugar
- Place peanut butter and butter in a microwaveable bowl. Heat until melted (approx. 2 minutes), checking and stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, add and stir vanilla into peanut butter mixture.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the powdered sugar with the peanut butter mixture so that no viable sugar remains. It will be a very thick mixture (dough-like).
- Evenly and smoothly spread the fudge mixture into a pre-lined 8×8 baking dish. I used 2 loaf pans instead, to achieve a thicker fudge. I also found it easier to evenly spread by using my hands, rather than a spatula or spoon.
- Wrap the pan(s) and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours prior to serving.
*Adapted from Sallysbakingaddiction with a few tweaks (or, rather, shortcuts).