Sweet Potato Tacos
Switch up the usual taco or burrito routine for sweet potato tacos. I love adding a little spice to heat up my sweet potatoes. I personally think it’s the best way to enjoy them. And just like most other Mexican-inspired dishes, you get a lot of freedom to throw in a little of this and that to suite your own taste and dietary preferences. Bonus–it’s super healthy!
⏱️ 40 mins
- 4-6 flour (taco-sized) or corn tortillas
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or oil of choice)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- guacamole or diced avocado
- Mexican Crema, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt
- Verde sauce
- chopped cilantro
- Set oven to 425°F. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- In a bowl, drizzle oil over sweet potatoes. Add all of the seasonings and toss with hands. Adjust seasoning to taste, if needed.
- Pour sweet potatoes onto cookie sheet and place in oven to bake approximately 20 minutes, turning about halfway through, until tender. While baking, prepare toppings and sides.
- Once completely baked, remove potatoes from oven. Serve on top of tortillas and finish off with preferred toppings–fold and enjoy! 😋
I suggest serving with black or refried beans, corn and/or grilled pineapple on the side.